We all like to go into nice environments – when we go into our homes, restaurants and even shopping areas. We like them to be clean, inviting and well planned out. So why shouldn’t we want the same for where we work (and spend a lot of time!).
Research shows that good office design has a direct influence on workers’ productivity, health and happiness. It may not always be possible to change the physical architecture of our work space but there’s a lot that can be changed for the good AND not cost a fortune.
- Seating – make sure it’s fit for purpose, comfortable and stylish and ergonomic
- Lighting – to create the right ambiance and healthy environment for your eyes, reducing fatigue
- Desks and desk top accessories – for uncluttered and practical work areas
- Filling cabinets and drawers – for confidentiality and good organisation
- Silent and partitioned areas – eliminate unwanted noise and distractions
- Finishings – create an area people enjoy entering because it looks good